Printed on end seem to get the best results. Cover Snap fits into place. Box is small and tight, a little difficult soldering the wiring, but manageable. (Not with the new 2.3 version) I used Inland PLA 1.75mm, 205Deg C 0.4mm Extruder and 60Deg C heat bed. 65% Speed.
12-25-17, I finally went ahead and added extra opening for changing where the wires come in to the box, where only the lid holds the wires in place, it makes it easier to solder then install the switch.
Also when you wire the switch, only solder the load side (hot wire) to the switch. The neutral wire just connects to itself.
I made a ton of these lamps for Christmas gifts, you can go to dollar tree and get 2 wire six foot extension cords for $1, it has the plug end and I just cut off the receptacle end and then solder to the switch and lamp holder.
Used FreeCad software, Yes it's free, taking me a while to get the hang of it but I'm getting better. I use Catia V5 at work. This software is somewhat similar, but is missing some very nice features that Catia has. But it's free and I can't complain.