This thing is designed to replace the original metal cover and fan duct of Anycubic i3 Mega 3D printer.
- 06.11.17 - Initial upload
- 10.11.17 - Added the version with no cover. You should use it with the original metal covering. Some holes were enlarged a little for easier mounting. All files reuploaded.
- No metal drilling or even additional screws are needed to assemble. Never the less, using thread tap is recommended since the holes are a little tight.
- The holes in front of every cooler are completely removed. This solution increases the airflow and removes that annoying "whistling" sound.
- The air is blown though the gap form inside of the torus. The air-blowing gap has a round shape and has different size according to the distance form the fan.
- The airflow form the hotend-fan is guided directly on hotend and thus is used more efficiently.
- The laser mount holes are designed to suite this cheap chinese laser heatsink. No need to mount/dismount laser for every engraving operation because it suites perfectly and doesn't collide with the metal frame of the printer within the whole range of X axis.
The support is necessary to print outer cover and the gap inside the torus. It is recommended to create custom support (if using Simplify3D) or to use support on build plate only in other slicers. Otherwise, if creating full automatic support, you will be unable to remove the support from inside of the torus.
Use ABS or other heat-resistant filament. Otherwise printed part may deform in some time during usage.