A Kossel Mini carriage adapter suitable for linear bearings from IGUS, type TWE-04-12. The horns have been moved to center position and mountings for GT2 open loop belts have been added. The part is a remix from jcrocholl's original Kossel Mini carriage in OpenScad.
I have used IGUS DryLinÂ® carriages due to their low noise and lubricant/maintenance free glide pads. Also they are easier to acquire here in Germany than the ones proposed in the original BOM.
Linear rails can be ordered directly at the manufacturers website:
- Slice model and print three carriage adapters.
- Use M3 allen head screws to mount adapters on carriages.
- Insert one end of the corresponding GT2 open loop belt into the outer notch with about 2cm of extra length.
- Bend over the exceeding belt and insert it into the inner notch.
- Continue with the other end of the belt accordingly.
- Use M3 allen head screws to mount spherical bearings.
- Enjoy a smooth ride ;-)