I was printing a mobile weather station when I came across this challenge and I thought that wouldn't it be cool to check the weather up high or any area really? But I couldn't stop there. There were so many different version of a DIY weather station that I couldn't decide what one would work better...and they are all square. I decided I would make this mobile weather station look like the body of the teal sport drone. it kind of looks like a capsule. I even made Stephenson screen for the humidity sensor. As I was designing it, there were some many things I wanted to accessorize for it. There are extra stl's for if some just want a basic capsule and no weather items added...good for transferring items.
Here are some links that inspired me to make this:
There was a lot of thought and time put into this project. I wanted everything perfect. I have not printed this myself because I don't have a Teal Drone, but the parts seem sound. I loaded them into Cura and they look alright.
The great thing is I added some template stl's so additional accessories can be designed and added.
- If you print the Stephenson screen part, print at least 5 to raise it enough for the humidity sensor cone mount.
- Don't print anything with the template name.
- Most of the items don't need supports.
- The capsule can printed either standing up right or laying down with supports.
- Use rafts if printing standing upright to hold it stable
- The top capsule should be printed upside down with supports if printing upright doesn't work.
- Print Teal_Drone_Remix_stephenson_screen.stl upside down
- Print the Teal_Drone_Remix_SHT31_humidity_lowprofile_holder.stl right side up.