Horizontal Spool Mount (customizable)
by heyharvs, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a universal spool holder I made because I didn't see anything that mounted horizontally. I like seeing the colors and remaining amounts. Everything about this spool holder is customizable but I included a default STL that supports several popular filament brands.
- mounts horizontally to show off your beautiful filament colors
- completely customizable for any spool, with countersinked screw holes
- included STL fits today's Hatchbox, Inland, and Tianse filament out of the box
- has enough tolerance to allow you to keep spools wrapped in a bag w/ dessicant
- very sturdy design yet easy to get spools in and out
- included STL is designed to fit on a standard 2x4
- mount your filaments staggered on the wall for some flair
- create a rotating floor stand using a 4x4 with spools mounted on all sides
If you found this design useful and are using any brands not listed here, please add a comment and list out the brand and/or specs for the spool, thanks!
Update: Added a slim version of the mount because the default seemed like it might be overkill. Basically the "support_multiplier" variable was changed from 8 to 4.5.
Print this tall for best results and minimal supports. It MIGHT print ok without supports, I haven't tried yet
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Horizontal Spool Mount (customizable) by heyharvs is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving heyharvs a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure heyharvs would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).