This game can be played with the same rules as Quarto, but the pieces have a different shape.
Print two sets of 8 pieces in different colors. Highly customizable design. No supports needed.
- There are two players.
- There are four piece characteristics: color, shape, height and filling.
- Take turns placing pieces on the board hoping to make a horizontal, vertical or diagonal row of four pieces with the same characteristic (e.g., four tall pieces). But...
- Before each player places a piece on the board, the other player chooses which unplaced piece is to be placed. So, each turn, one player chooses an unplaced piece and the other player places it, and then they switch.
- Pieces may not be removed once placed.
An alternate rule allows one also to win by putting a two-by-two square of matching pieces.
- Dec 28, 2017: Made box shorter to save plastic
- Nov 20, 2017: Added box