I loved 1997CamaroZ28's design of a stand for ericthepoolboy's wonderful model of a Camaro LS3 V8. This is a simple remix of the original stand design with some logos added to the 3d prints.
I printed everything but the spacers in Inland PLA with 0.3mm layer height and 90% infill for strength.
The spacers were printed in Inland PETG at 0.2mm layer height and 100% infill for no real reason other than I had run out of Black PLA. They were scaled on the Z axis to 124% to increase their length from 17mm to 21mm. See the post-printing instructions.
Clearance, Drill, and Screw Together
The instructions on the original pretty much say it all, but I had a few modifications that I had to make for my assembly.
- I had to scale up the mounting spacers to 21mm to clear the Flywheel on my model of the LS3. Because of the extra length, I had to use 2 x M4-35mm on the top two mounting holes.
- I used 2 x M4-40mm screws on the bottom two mounting holes. I actually threaded them all the way though the plastic of the engine block and secured them with M4 nylon lock-nuts.
I imported the original STL files into Fusion 360 and then grabbed some logo images from the web. I then used Inkscape to create SVG outlines of the desired logos.
Once the graphics were created, I applied them as a sketch to the face of the objects in Fusion 360 and did a negative extrusion to create the holes in the model.
For the "CAMARO" logo I had to add some lines so that the center pieces of the 'A', 'R', and 'O' characters would stay affixed, as well as the center of the '6'.
If I had to do it again I would scale the sketch taller so that the characters in the '6.2L LS3' text are more well-defined in the 3d print.