UPDATE Jan-5-2018: FreeCAD file is now also posted.
The included filters in the Craftbot 2 "ADVANCED UPGRADE" with Dome and Door are not going to last long and also impede airflow.
The filters used for this are "E" sized with carbon pre-filter and HEPA main filter as used by the "GermGuardian FLT4100". I recommend these.
At $10 delivered for 6 carbon pre-filters and 2 HEPA, it probably works out to $5 a year of continuous printing.
Although designed for a Craftbot, it should be usable for almost any 80mm exhaust fan where there is space.
Note the the print requires a 210mm wide bed.
PETG works well, did not try others. Due to heat in enclosure PLA is not recommended.
Turn on "fill between walls" in Cura.
Print with fan flange down. It does not need any supports.
A 8mm "Brim" is strongly recommended.
The Craftbot dome can use some modifications:
- To avoid 12 screws to remove and replace dome, drill out screw holes in dome with 1/4" acrylic safe drill to allow dome to slip over the screw heads. This will be plenty secure for desktop use.
- Don't plug their provided cable into the control board. Buy a 6" Y and 1 foot extension with shrouded plugs like this, and connect the Y cable to the controller, then plug extension cable and case fan into Y. Route cables on back panel with cable clips to avoid hazards such as fan blades and motors. Coil up the provided fan cable into the dome, and plug extension cable into fan. Heatshrink the now unused and exposed Y end of their cable. Now the dome can be completely removed without taking off the back of the printer to unplug the fan or exposing 12V power.
- remove both fan guards. Put chrome guard on outside of dome.
- Attach filter holder directly to fan on inside of dome (intake side)
- Seat HEPA filter into box with pull tabs facing out.
- Place pre-filter onto velcro strips on HEPA filter
- Snap lid into place if desired. It is optional as the filter fits quite snugly.
To remove the dome with this filter it is necessary to rotate the dome as lifting allow the filament tube to slide between the filter housing and dome.
The filter box does not interfere with printing.