Anycubic Kossel Controller Box
This upgrade is designed to provide better cooling to the electronics by changing the mainboard's location. Furthermore, it mounts up to two MOSFET modules.
I designed this upgrade together with the PSU Box, which you can find here.
Why Did I Design This?
Especially when the Delta uses a heated bed, the electronics operate in a warmer environment. To avoid overheating and to mount the PSU when adding a heated bed, I chose to design a case for each of them and mount them on the back extrusion.
- Can be mounted in two distinct ways (see below).
- Mounts the TriGorilla mainboard with access to both plugs.
- Dimensions: 169x138x62 (depends on how it's mounted...).
- Up to two MOSFET modules can be mounted.
- Easily printable on the normal Anycubic Kossel without supports.
- Stepper driver cooling with the help of the "Stepper Motor Aero Tunnel" by Facocero, which can be found here. However, my included fan adapter is necessary!
EDIT: This case is featured in my Anycubic Kossel Upgrades Video.
EDIT 2: I've published another version of this case. Its height is reduced by 40mm, but it doesn't mount any MOSFET modules!
EDIT 3: 3D_PP designed an adaptor for an MKS MOSFET.
See below for a detailed installation guide!
Have fun with this model!
All models are designed to fit the build-plate of the normal Anycubic Kossel (⌀180mm).
Printed using 0.3mm layers on the Anycubic Kossel:
Case printed on the Anycubic Kossel.
Printed on the Anet A8 using orange PLA and 0.2mm layers.
Note: I used the A8 only to save on printing time, all models should be printable with the Delta!
The whole assembly relies on default M3-M5 hardware. If you lack some screws, a drill will be your best friend ;-)
- 12x ≥8mm long M3 screws for the covers
- ≥3x 8mm long M3 screws for the mainboard
- ≥2x 8mm long M3/M4 screws for each MOSFET
- ≥2x screws with corresponding T-Nuts, depending on the way you want to mount your case. (The holes should be fine for M4, if you want to use M5 you'd need to use a proper drill.)
- 2x ~30 mm long M3 screws for fixing the fan adapter to the tunnel and case (optional)
- 4x M3 screws for fixing the fan to the adapter
The case can be added to the Delta in two different ways:
Mounting position #1: on the bottom next to the printer.
The case can be mounted directly to the two extrusions with enough space for all cables provided.
Fully-assembled controller box mounted on the back extrusion under the PSU.
The case is screwed onto the back extrusion with the cable holes facing down. PSU cables are fed thru the side cover (top). I'll focus on this setup:
Added the TriGorilla mainboard.
After adding all electronics, it's time for the optional stepper driver cooling. Use long (~30mm) M3 screws to get the tunnel fixed to the adapter. If the holes don't perfectly align, use the drill.
All electronics placed inside the box.
Once everything is wired up, it's time to add all covers and finish this construction side up.
Enjoy your new case!
BTW, the space under the heated bed seems so empty now :P
All wired up!