This is a followup to:
LACK Attack #4: Enclose the Lack:
without further adieu....
Attack 5: INREDA the Lack
Now that I've got an enclosure, it quickly became evident that its too dark in there...
I had a set of Ikea INREDA led lights sitting there doing nothing, so I figured why not? 4 of them were plent bright and they just looked right for the job.
This is a short "build" i created the guide only to help, its likely not too much help to many unless you have the same diameter leds.
As always, comments are greatly appreciated, If you've made/fixed something to work better please let me know so I can fix it for others.
Attack 6: cable management
Printed in white RepRapper white PLA, 210C nozzle, 60C bed.
Build & General Notes:
A simple build:
- 1x 4 pack of led lights
- 1x stiff wire to pull led wires through
- 1x some wire mold
- use guide to mark the drill points, drill holes for your pucks, mine needed 2 1/8" holes.
- pick a leg to run the wires down, drill a hole large enough for the splitter connector tight to the middle of the leg.
- use a stiff wire to push through the cardboard from the common hole to the other 3 and pull back the led wires.
- plug them all into the splitter, coil the excess and push all the pucks in after passing the splitter wire up through the leg hole.
- install some wire mold down the leg, stick the wire into the mold.
- put the enclosure back on the table, pass the wire through a port and plug it in....
- LET THERE BE LIGHT!
v1.0 - Initial upload