Christmas Reindeer Card Kit
by kspring, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
tone001's Christmas Reindeer kit Card was almost perfect in every way. However, I was having a few issues:
- Lifting from the bed - I think this was mainly due to my room being so cold and the fact I use blue painters tape without a heated bed, but I have added some 'mouse-ears' to the design and would recommend printing at a diagonal across the print bed if you can (see image)
- Post print assembling blues - after struggling to assemble a printed stag (and breaking a few antlers in the process), I decided to tweak the size of the holes so that it was easier to put together. This does mean the final assembled stag is a little looser than the original design, but it should hold together or it can be secured with some glue.
As I was Tinkering with the file I couldn't resist increasing the height of the nose so that we could have a red nosed reindeer! If you pause the print at 2mm in height and change your filament colour to red, it will print the last 0.5mm of your print just on the nose.
Maybe I should change the name to Christmas Rudolph Card Kit....
As mentioned, if you pause the print at 2mm in height you can print the last bit of his nose in a different colour.
These should only be 0.2mm thick so should be easy to remove with a pair of cable clippers.
Attaching to your card
I used 2 small glue dots to hold the print onto the front of the card. Inside the card I printed out tone001 great card insert design. I have included a copy with the design files, which has been edited so that you can print straight away onto A4 paper giving your 2 A6 card inserts.
Assembling the Reindeer
I would recommend including instructions in with your card.
This design will feel a bit looser that the original so some glue may help.
How I Designed This
Edited in Tinkercad
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Christmas Reindeer Card Kit by kspring is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving kspring a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure kspring would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).