Nintendo Switch Cradle Wallmount (Large and Small)
by themobileexperience, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
One of the biggest gripes I have about the new Nintendo Switch is that the Cradle was meant to be set vertically on a table top. I imagine for most people, this becomes a pest as it will likely to interfere with the TV on a stand; especially for Samsung TVs, if you positioned on the right hand side of the TV, you'll likely block the little infrared sensor for the TV remote.
I set out to design a wall bracket to be mounted on the side of my TV stand. The design is pretty simple but I tried my best to accomplish the following:
- Design a version for people with smaller print bed (see the small version)
- Small Version: ideal for smaller printers, it leveraged the cradles hinges to minimize sliding (if you are paranoid, use some double sided tape)
- Big Version: This one has added slide protection
- Strength; I went with 12mm minimum on the base and for the sides, 15mm thick
- Game Cartridge Storage; the small version holds 6 games; the large version holds 12
Since I am unfamiliar with the tensile strength of my print setting (and PLA plastic), I wanted to have an extra peace of mind, so I utilized some L-brackets to give more strength. The L-Brackets I had on hand were the free ones that comes with many IKEA furniture. The Switch is quite expensive, so please do this at your own risk!
I took lots of photos for your reference.
I am not an expert on print settings, I printed with the "fast" print setting. I wanted some extra security so I attached two L-brackets to the back for a little more support.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Nintendo Switch Cradle Wallmount (Large and Small) by themobileexperience is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving themobileexperience a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure themobileexperience would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).