Printrbot Bowden Cable mod
by sponnet, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
These are some pieces that allow you to convert the standard extruder setup into a bowden setup.
This is a mod for 3mm filament.
Added dual-hotend versions so you can start experimenting with multi-color printing !
Minimal instructions if you have a stock printrbot
- print a extruder-to-bodwen and a bowden-to-hotend
- Install the Pneufit adapters on your bowden cable and screw it onto the 2 printed pieces
- install this on your printer
Extended instructions - if you're feeling adventurous
If you want to mount your extruder to the x-idler, print the gregs_to_bowden-X-idler.stl instead of the regular one. It can hold a horizontal bearing and fits over your z-axis ( on the X-idler side )
- If you have a reprapfab hotend, use the bowden-to-hotend-reprapfab.stl file
Experimental instructions - to go where no one has gone before.
- If you want to experiment with 2-color extrusion, you can also pick a dual-hotend bowden-to-hotend version ( I rendered a regular one for a UBIS hotend, and a reprapfab version , with 20mm distance between the extruder tips ). This was never tested, and would most likely require modifications in the electronics and software to accomodate an extra extruder on a printrbot.
But I'd love to see somebody take this challenge !
I used 50cm of PTFE tubing, 3.18inner/6outer diameter (10cm)
And 2x Pneufit straight adaptor,1/8inx6mm
And a UBIS hot-end ( stock Printrbot extruder )
The bowden-to-hotend is just a modified version of the Greg's Wade reloaded extruder body, so you can create hotend mounts for any supported hotends ( malcolm, groovemount, arcol, mendel_parts_v6, jhead, reprapfaborg and others )
If you want to modify the bowden-to-hotend, you'll need the configuration.scad and jonaskuehling-default.scad include files from Greg's Wade Reloaded ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:18379 )
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Printrbot Bowden Cable mod by sponnet is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving sponnet a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure sponnet would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).