I want to make another gun (https://youtu.be/kzh-1hUooik - by RBguns), but instead of making the "difficult parts" in wood, I choose to convert them into 3D printed parts.
28 jan 2018: Tried the assembly today. It works! Some improvements though and update of allmost all parts.
- Most important: Pins in BasePlate and TopPlate alongside the rotor have to be removed.
Another attention point: have a strong band on the Cock, it has to bang the Slider hard in order to release a rubber band from the Rotor through the Rocker (maybe make the rubber band between Rocker and Reloadlever pretty loose?)
- Added an additional lip behind the Cock such to connect the rubberband to pulling the Trigger backwards
Next up: make the rifle to mount this block into ;)
11 mar 2019: Got some time last week and finally made the wooden parts. As I found the mechanism too thick, I have slimmed down the base and top plate, as well as the slider. I didnit mind using nuts and bolts and replaced these by alignment pins sticking out left and right like 3mm. The wooden parts covering the 3Dprinted mechanism align as such the whole mechanism and keep it in place. Just missing some finishing oil now :)
24 mar 2019: uploaded a trigger that stands further away from the reloadlever.
The idea is to embed them into a wooden body lateron. So no proof all is OK in the real world. Inventor does agree though and moves all parts as they should.
Ah... a remark from my son already: one pin too much in baseplate. Rubberband will be difficult from Rocker to Reloadlever. (28 jan 2018: no worries here! It just works!)
I plan to use M3 screws to hold top and bottom plates together.
My printer build surface was too small to fit on those plates, so I chopped both up into 2 pieces. Plates are available as one piece, but also the splitted parts.
Don't hesitate to comment - and many thanks to RBGuns for the design - I had a lot of fun with it!
Fun way to make barrel - really working fine!