A 4 hours quick sketch in Zbrush. Ideally it would be a FDM printing friendly figure,but since all of my printers are striking at the moment so I haven't test by myself yet :\
For maintaining sculpture details, all files I have uploaded are high-poly models so please pay attention to file sizes if you have any kind of downloading limitation.
According to my experiences, other than the "scarf" ( which I have generated a file with supports) , other parts should be fine to print without supports in PLA, if your printer does have good cooling. However, since there aren't any tests yet, I would strongly recommend to simply tick the support option. And yes, brims are MUST have for most parts of this model.
Since all of the connectors are simply done by Boolean function with some quick smooth in Zbrush, hence I believe sanding would be very necessary for most parts to get fit. For those people who don't want to spend any time to sanding parts, I have also uploaded an AIO (All-In-One) file, but I believe to remove supports would be a great pain.
Please feel free to report bugs to me. I will do my best to improve it :D
I have uploaded a full colour version on Shapeways and waiting for their printing approve. Once when everything is cleared I will share a link here for people who don't want to do the colouring by them-self, which is including myself :D
Praise the sun and happy printing :D
Fixed the connector's size, the model has been enlarged 10 times during reformatting process. Starting to do a test print by myself now since I finally got a new part and able to get one of my machine back to work. So far so good. Will make another update soon after I have finished testing all files.
Finished first phrase printing test, most part seems working fine.
I have uploaded a new AIO version, which added a menu support for the sheath, since I found out that Cura (3.1) is having problem generating support for that part.
Changed the "Shield" and "Body" part's orientation, since the elder version is very hard to keep the sun pattern for FDM printer. Downside is the new orientation will require more effort on bed adhesion since the model only have very small surface touches the build plate. For delta printer it might be easier since the building platform doesn't move, but for Cartesian printer, large width of brim and enable Z lift during retraction (or similar function which reduce the chance of nozzle hitting model during travel) is necessary, ideally you would also want things moving slowly, anything above 40mm/s in average speed would likely to cause trouble. Put parts flat is still an option, but I would say it does affect the print quality.
I have done some test print with this model on both of my printers (Tevo Tarantula, Anycubic Kossel) already and seems the AIO version is much easier to print than I thought it would be. However, it is a headache for colouring, and some time the supports are easy to cause problem (eg. fall down during print, warp and crush on nozzle and rest of model. Parts are easy to print too, and they are much easier for colouring, but it does take longer time to work with. For people who are fine with single colour, I would say go for the AIO version.
A test print of full colour version from Shapeways has arrived, but got broken parts, now waiting for a reprint. I will post up some photos once when I got chance.