This is a Remix of an already existing stiffener (thanks to Stefan Riese @CR10 FB-Group). This part allows you to mount a damper on the back of the y-stepper and to stiffen it up. This prevents the motor to turn away if you tighten the belt. Besides, you can still use the Ultimate Leveling Knob (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2408748) at this place, it won't crash against the stiffener.
- 2x long M3-screws (the original is too short) to mount the damper on the motor
ATTENTION: For me, M3x36 works perfectly. Others said M3x36 was too short. To be sure you got the right length, you should buy an M3x40 and shorten the screw if necessary. Check comments below!
- 2x short M3 screws (M3x10 works fine) to mount the damper
- 2x M4x10 with two hammer nuts to mount everything on the CR10
Some additional information:
- This does not fit for the CR-10 S4 and S5
- Check comments below before printing!
If you want to stiffen up your X-stepper als well, i recommend the bracket made by superkris (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2793110) which works great.
Print with the surface on the heat-bed.