So after months and months of designing and printing and wasting PLA, I have finally made a semi-working snow blower for my Oshkosh SCX10 body. I say semi working because I have only operated it once and broke after 30 seconds. I have, since the failure, redesigned and reprinted the failed parts. However I have not yet tested due to a few engineering limitations of my imagination. One issue that I am having is making a belt for the pulleys in the back. I started testing with extra 3d printer timing belt. So far its working, but haven't given it any stress or duration of run time. So any pointers would only benefit anyone who wants to print this. So I will be uploading STL files once I get a few more things figured out and once a final live test has been done. Their calling for some dry snow over the next few days so expect the STLs to show up soon.
All File to make this are uploaded
I'm unsure how much support I will be able to give but I'll do my best. The main front auger uses a STRAIGHT 1/4" steel brake line that slide into the two halves. You will also need 3 fidget spinner bearings. Two for either side of the auger (brake line) and one goes into rear to hold the spur pulley. Basically its powered by a 550 rc motor that turns a belt connected to the secondary drive pulley. I used a stepper motor pinion pulley with a printed adapter to fit onto the 550 motor shaft. The secondary drive uses a (16/1) worm gear to turn the primary auger. The belt is just a 3d printer timing belt. Making a belt out of the a straight piece of timing belt was the main holdup of the whole build. This is how i did it. Measured around the pulleys, cut diagonally so the ribs match up. Then I superglued it together. Got a very tiny drillbit to drill holes in the the ribs. Then used screws from a 9g servo to go into the ribs. I only used about 4-5 ribs. and then superglue again and...boom, you have a belt. The mounts are designed for the unimog and would use a body mounted winch servo to pull the blower up and down, however, it is really heavy so I had to hard mount it to the body and drive really slow. Now for a few suggestions, after most is assembled, glue the primary pulley to the secondary shaft before screwing it together. There only a 4mm hex turning the primary shaft. Mine striped out after a little. And I wouldnt used a brushless motor to power it all. I use a 55t crawler motor and that seems to spin fast enough to throw snow. Well, enjoy printing and I will do my best to answer questions. Oh...the whole thing is put together with M3 screws.