This is an extension of the Instructable
IOT123 - SOLAR TRACKER - TILT/PAN, PANEL FRAME, LDR MOUNTS RIG. Here we concentrate on the controller of the servos, and sensors of the suns position.
The hole template is for laying out the mounting holes. Check the axis on the template against the assembled unit panel frame and compensate for any differences when laying out.
BOM and Sources
Continuous Tracking Video
Modular Sensors/Actors to use with your solar tracker.
Visual Code Editor
Added 18-Jan-18: quick release for controller box. Can turn box 90 degrees so that connectors and FTDI headers are accessible permanently. Use rubber bands during development and zip ties once happy.
Align large, non-beveled surface to bed.
Dec 20, 2017
- Initial version tracks light source, always on, no charging
Jan 8, 2018
- Add I2C pins
- Add switch to servo GNDs
- Printed Label on controller box fascia
- Read configuration from EEPROM
- I2C bus support as a slave to another MCU (3.3V)
- Set configuration via I2C
- Set Enabled via I2C
- Get configuration via I2C
- Get runtime properties via I2C (currently Enabled, and Current Light Intensity)
- Remove serial logging (it affected I2C values)