This is a simply standalone software that converts any picture to Gcode for all kind of 3D Printers with Marlin or Repetier firmware. It's pretty simple and has usefull features, that makes engraving / plotting on your 3D Printer easyer! It is designed for Windows, but you can also run it on Mac throw Wine.
It would be great, if you post your results via "Post a Make"!
- PWM mode for engraving images with grayscale
- adjustable PWM resolution (default is 8-bit)
- smart and fast moves due to intelligent algorithm
- brightness, contrast, gamma, white balance adjustment and inverting the image with preview
- custom ON / OFF commands allow you to use this programm with different types of 3D
printers / laser engravers and plotters
- your custom start- and end- GCode
- custom origin start position
- 3 save slots allow you to save 3 different profiles
- autosave all parameters on exit and autoload on restart
How to use it? Just follow this steps:
- drag and drop your image in the picture window
- adjust the White Offset with the trackbar or just click on the brightest point of the image.
This color value will be burned with the minimal laser power that you can set. Brighter
colors will be passed (blue area of the picture preview)
- set minimal and maximal laser power values
- set feedrate speed (speed for burning moves) and travel speed for non-burning moves (with this speed laser moves on blue areas of the image preview)
- set resolution (laser / pen dot diameter). Smaller resolution gives more detailed results, but more engraving time. Just test and find the right value for you!
- set GCode commands for turning on and off your laser. If your laser is attached to FAN pin
D9 (on Ramps 1.4) then just type "M106" for ON-command and "M107" for OFF-command.
If you connected your laser to another IO pin, then use "M42 Px" for ON command and
"M42 Px S0" for laser OFF command (x ist the laser pin)
- set the output result size of your image. Here you can set the width or the height. The
aspect ratio is the same as by original image. You can also choose between smooth or sharp resize options.
- set origin coordinates. X and Y are the left lower corner of the image by default. But you can change this by clicking on "Origin" button and then choose one of 4 corners or the Center. Z is the focal length
- write your own custom start / end GCode if needed.
- if you want to engrave your picture without grayscale (only black and white - best for pcb) check "1-Bit Color" Checkbox and adjust the white offset value.
- custom pwm resolution. Default is 8-bit (0 - 255). To set another value -> double click on "Max Power: ... %" label.
- destination folder has changed! Now tou can find the GCode next to the original image.
- added some information about used parameters to the GCode
- image edit functions (brightness, contrast, gamma)
- separate adjusting vertical and horizontal resolution
- cleaner GCode by equal burn and travel speed
version 1.0 vs 0.9:
- added button for loading image
- intuitive parameter saving procedure
- HQ Bicubic(smooth) or Nearest Neighbor(sharp) resize options
- mm/s speed values
- added ability to set the origin on 5 different places