Otto DIY++ is a redesign of the Otto DIY PLUS (https://github.com/OttoDIY/PLUS).
With this 3D model, you have room for: bluetooth module, metal gear servo (MG90S), Led matrix mouth, rechargeable battery, light sensor, touch sensor, etc.
And some bonus conveniences: can use remaining screws in servo pack to fix arduino board and power switch.
I. List of parts:
- Arduino Nano + USB A to Mini-B cable
- Arduino Nano Shield I/O Extension Board
- HC-SR04 Ultrasound sensor.
- Mini servo MG90S x4 (each one comes with 2 pointed screws and one small screw)
- 5V passive Buzzer.
- Female to Female breadboard connectors cable
- 8.5x8.5mm self-locking Switch.
- HC-06 Bluetooth module
- MAX7219 LED Matrix module (SDM)
- Sound sensor (using LM393) with Analog output
- Light sensor (using LM393) with Analog output
- YFRobot touch sensor
- Rechargeable Battery with separate charging and discharging wires + balance charger
Mini cross screwdriver. (magnetized)
II. 3d printing plastic parts :
- 3D printed head.
- 3D printed body.
- 3D printed leg x2.
- 3D printed feet.
III. Assemble guide, Software and App:
Otto++ can be programmed by Arduino and Scratch
- Arduino lib: https://github.com/stembotvn/OttoDIY_Vbot/
- mBlock Extension for Scratch coding: https://github.com/stembotvn/OttoDIY_mBlock_Extension
- README.md tells you how to connect:
- Servo Hip left to D2
- Servo Foot Left to D4
- Servo Hip right to D3
- Servo Foot Right to D5
- Buzzer to D13 (Active High)
- HC06Rx to Arduino D7)
- HC06Tx to Arduino D6
- SRF04 Trigger to D8
- SRF04 Echo to D9
- Max7219 DATA (DIN) to D10
- Max7219 CS to D11
- Max7219 CLK to D12
- Sound Sensor to analog A6,
- Light sensor Left to analog A1
- Light Sensor Right to analog A0
- Battery: (-) -> GND; (+) -> switch -> Vin (NOT 5V)
- Bluetooth control
Mega I3 (Prusa Mendel I3)
Recommended to use a FDM 3D printer, transparent PLA for the body (to support light sensor) and colorful PLA for others.