Needed to upgrade watercooling setup for couple of my PCs and thought that why not design my own reservoir? So this is the first design and I printed couple of these using PETG and Filaflex for gaskets.
Designed for immersive pump, Im using Eheim Compact 600. Has 2 16mm holes for passthrough tube adapters and 1 12mm for pump wire passthrough (see pics).
Models include gaskets which I printed using Filaflex.
After fixing the leaks and observing two reservoirs running on my bathroom for a couple of weeks, I installed the to 2 PC's. Still running fine after a couple of months. Just need to add water twice a month or so, seems evaporation is happening. Probably the top lid isn't that tight...
Problems: as 3D printed parts aren't that solid, I had some small leaks here and there, mostly on the seams. With leaks I mean a very slow trickling, kind like sweating. So here are a couple of tips for getting watertight parts:
- randomize seam position. I had seam on one corner -> leak
- use multiple perimeters, at least 3
- over-extrude a bit so less small gaps between perimeters. I bumped mine to 105% in Slic3r
- set perimeter/infill overlap to higher number, like 30% or more
- use larger nozzle. Bigger paths, less gaps. Second reservoir I printed with 0.8mm nozzle and it leaked only at the seam
- vase-mode with large nozzle. Won't work with this model (at least haven't tried)
Post-processing for fixing leaks
- use soldering iron to melt the problematic parts. Careful not to mess the parts too bad. In my experience melting only to top most layers is enough.
- glue. I tried hot glue, but not sure if it's a good long term solution. Some kind of silicone might work better.