This is a remix of the popular E3Dv6 Mount for the Anet A8 from TNS.
I tried to fix a few problems I had with the original design:
The screws had no nuts and could therefore not be tightend very well, because the hole was easily destroyed. I solved this by adding hexagonal holes you can fit nuts in. The cap is being attached by 1cm long nuts.
The hole for attaching the bearing holders were very tight and had almost no clearance. Therefore you could not really adjust to your axles which made it very hard to get a low sliding resistance. I solved this by making the holes for the lower bearing holder longer so that they have a clearance of 4mm. They are automatically adjusted to your personal setup while tightening the screws.
- It was hard using the stock 40mm fan for cooling instead of the 30mm fan from the E3Dv6. All mounts I could find work by clipping the fan mount onto the radiator which is not really tight (It rattles) and blocks a large area of the radiator for the air flow. I solved this by attaching the fan mount directly to the cap that holds the extruder. Since this one is screwed to the backplate, it holds really tight and the fan mount only blocks exactly one half of the radiator for the air flow which gives the best possible cooling effect.
Overall I think the improvements turned out very well. I'm really happy with the way it works now. I hope you like it too.
I remained all the customization options from the original Mount by TNS. I tested most of the settings on interferences with my changes and could not find any. In case you find an interferance, please write me a comment and I'll try to fix it.
If you like it, you may also check out my other Anet A8 and 3d printing things:
Since the Mount carries the extruder it should be pretty solid. therefore I printed it at 50%. Usally PLA is stable enough as long as you are not printing in a closed case. For the backplate supports or rafts are not necessary. The original cap without fan mount can also be printed without rafts or supports. The cap with the fan mount requires support structures and a raft might be helpful since its base is pretty small.
After the print you have to fit all the nuts into the hexagonal holes. The fits are tight so that the nuts don't just fall out. If you are unable to fit the nuts into the holes try pulling it in with a screw and use a hot air gun to soften the material a bit.
Mosty regular M3 nuts are used. Only the nuts that hold the cap are 1cm long ones, because the corresponding screws shall not exceed the backplate to keep space for the belt attacher.
I redesigned the cap so that you can use the M3 torx scres that come with the printer.