AM8 Reworked Electronics Case For RAMPS 1.4, Dual MOSFET & Fan
by Thorinair, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A heavily reworked AM8 electronics case, designed to fit a RAMPS 1.4 board, two MOSFETs and a 120mm fan.
- Mountable on the AM8 frame using 5 regular M5*10 screws.
- Houses a RAMPS 1.4 board, uses 3 mounting holes.
- High enough to house a full graphics display adapter and TMC stepper drivers.
- Houses two MOSFETs, one for the hotbed, one for the hot end.
- The lid allows you to mount a 120mm fan. The X motor needs to be rotated on the other side of the X holder to make room for it.
WARNING: The fan needs to have a bit of a dent to allow access to the lid screw hole. Check the 3rd picture. If your fan doesn't have a dent, you will have to grind off a bit of material from it. I plan fixing this in a future version.
- Mount the case on the AM8 first using 5 regular M5*10 screws.
- Mount the Arduino Mega 2560 into the case. Use 3 M3*10 screws and 3 printable spacers included in this thing.
- Mount the RAMPS 1.4 board and all modules you want onto the Arduino afterwards.
- Mount the two MOSFETs using a total of 8 screws usually used for screwing in optical drives in a PC. M3 should work as well.
- Install the 120mm fan on the lid. Use 4 M4*35 screws with countersunk heads. Please refer to the fan warning above.
- Install the lid on the case using a single M3 nut inserted into the case part and an M3*10 screw on the lid.
There is still room for improvements. If you notice anything that you would improve, or if you have a suggestion, please let me know!
As usual, I am including the Blender source file in case you want to edit it.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
AM8 Reworked Electronics Case For RAMPS 1.4, Dual MOSFET & Fan by Thorinair is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Thorinair a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Thorinair would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).