Update 2018/02/10: Added two more duct sections - one for 5mm OD aluminium tubes and one for 6mm OD tubes
This set of parts is designed to fit the DC42 Smart Effector. It uses a 40x15 blower fan and uses the 'tusk' approach.
There are 4 components to this set:
- the duct that the tusks fit into. Two versions are supplied - one has a ridge to aid seating into the collar. I use the version without this collar but you may choose to use the version with the rim
- a collar that is glued to the fan outlet
- a mount that is attached under the board using two of the magnet ball joint screws
In addition, you will need:
- 12 3mm x 3mm (or 4mm) neodymium magnets to hold the duct to the collar
- some 4mm OD aluminium tube for the tusks
The tusks are crimped closed at one end. Some people prefer to make a series of small holes for air exit but I'm trying slots that I cut with a cutting disc in my Dremel.
The tusks are not glued in, friction holds them in place and allows them to be rotated to direct the air where desired.
Other parts designed for my printers include:
For avoidance of doubt, this item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ for more details.
I printed mine from PETG for strength. Use support where necessary.