Quick Swap Mounting System for Anet A8/Prusia Printers
This is something that was inspired by TazerReloaded's dremel tool mount. I was looking at it and several other tool mounts and wondered how nice it would be if they all used the same system. So I did some modification to them and made the main things available that are most commonly used with this printer. It works with the standard Direct Direct Stock metal bracket if you cut 2 3mm square notches close to the bottom back edge. Included are the following:
I've seen other universal mounts that over complicate things dramatically (even going so far as to make you do all the wiring to the mounting bracket) but honestly, this is a simple idea, it's quick change, can print multiple copies to have an extra ready in case something goes wrong with one. Really makes swapping out different tools easy! Give it a try and lemme know what you think! Here's a video of how quick it is to swap out the tool heads... https://youtu.be/nASWiiNW6_k
Here's a video from Mouss32 showing the system using a Laser module:
Here's a video from Mouss32 showing the using of a Dremel tool:
- Added a BL Touch Adjustable Side Mounting Bracket
- Added a Sponge Holder to the system to clean your nozzle off before printing everytime. Just add this code to your STARTING SCRIPT:
G0 Y80 F7500;
G0 Y30 F7500;
G0 Y80 F7500;
G0 X-26 Y30 F7500;
G0 X-19 Y45.5 F7500;
G0 X-26 Y51 F7500;
G0 X-19 Y56.5 F7500;
G0 X-26 Y62 F7500;
G0 X-19 Y67.5 F7500;
G0 X-26 Y73 F7500;
G0 X-19 Y73 F7500;
G0 X-26 Y67.5 F7500;
G0 X-19 Y62 F7500;
G0 X-26 Y56.5 F7500;
G0 X-19 Y51 F7500;
G0 X-26 Y45.5 F7500;
G0 X-19 Y30 F7500;
G0 Z10; End brush nozzle
G0 X110 Y110 F7500; return to center
- I updated the fan duct today to allow for adjusting for optimal height on the Z axis to support different types of E3D J-heads. Appears some tend to be longer then others. This will allow you to move the duct up and down about 20mm in either direction. Lemme know if that helps!
- I created a new Pen holding plate for Plotting... can also be used to hold an X-Acto knife!
- Added some holes to side of mounting bracket to make it easier to add accessories like sensors, fans, etc.
- Fixed the mounting holes for fan duct on bowden mount, they were too low.
- added locking pin behind plate to make plate more rigid in the bracket so it doesn't move up and down while printing.
- Made Dremel Flex Shaft Mount Plate beefier
- Made mounting plate beefier so it doesn't flex at all.
Most items do not need supports and are oriented the way they should be printed. The Laser Plate and the Bowden Plate should have supports turned on.
Some items will require screws. The clamps that hold the Bowden head, fan duct, Pen, and the Dremel will require some small screws to hold them in place. I just used spares from my screw jar so don't really have exact types of screws, but I did include areas for nuts in several areas. Most screws will self tap into the plastic for a firm hold however. In the main photo I've included a pic of where the screws and nuts should go on each piece.