Hear it here
Read about its construction and material analysis here
I've turned off the "work in progress" since everything I can think of is done, but I still might make minor changes. I'll have a longer video in a few months going into more depth about the violin.
Added a sound-post and bass-board. Used real strings. Bridge was thickened and shrunk to accommodate the neck height. Other pieces have been modified to accommodate stresses or proportions.
Used roughly 1.5 kg of plastic, although I don't know the total weight. Some parts like the sound-post and bridge may need scaling in one direction depending on how your violin turns out. I wish things could be more exact and repeatable, but this isn't a perfect violin.
20% (Less is better. Less mass = Less interia = less dampening = better sound)
PLA plastic. I would guess that softer plastics like ABS would cause more sound dampening. A lighter and stiffer a material is, it is likely to sound better. Although less material is better, violins are under 50-80 lbs of stress from the strings, so it's a tough trade-off.
Took about 3 days worth of print time, and 1 full day to assemble.
I put pieces into position with super-glue and clamps, then welded parts together with a soldering iron for stronger bonds. Beware of toxic gases when burning super-glue. Tuning pegs were drilled to put the string through. I need to go see what size I used, and approximately where to drill. If you look up pictures online, you can get a pretty good rough guess.