Adjust the size parameters in the scad file for your printer and print it.
Or you can just use those uploaded files for printing:
1 x VzE_wheelV2.stl, 1 x VzE_holderV2.stl, 1 x VzE_endstopV2.stl
1 x springs 5.4 mm x 17.5 mm
7 x M3 nuts
1 x 35 mm M3 HexBolt (total threaded)
1 x 40 mm M3 HexBolt (half threaded, half smooth)
1 x 20 mm M3 HexBolt
2 x 15 mm M3 HexBolts
5 x M3 washers
Let's built it!
Take the 40 mm HexBolt and decapitate the bolt's head - not your finger!
There are several ways how to assemble it, but lets describe my way.
Drill the holes of the endstop-part for some time using a 3.0 mm driller. The bolt must slide very smooth through these holes. It will also work with a 3.2 mm hole, but then the holder will shake a little bit. Secure both bolts as shown with nuts on the holder part. You need the spring above the thumb wheel on the black bolt. Use grease on the other long silver guiding bolt. Put 2 washers above the thumb wheel. The thumb wheel's nut is pointing towards end of the bolt. Make sure both bolts are parallel and the spring is not interfering with the threaded bolt.
The last photo (V1.0) shows how to assemble it without cutting a bolt's head.
- redesign of the holder, enabling two side mounting
- redesign of the wheel for more grip
- added spring centering to avoid interference with the threaded part of the bolt.
- changed dimensions for a smooth gliding of the decapitated hexagonal bolt.
- added more clearance for better fitting of nuts
- use VzE_plate_old.stl if you want to print the old design
- use VzE_v1_old.scad to adjust parameters, if you need to