Tevo Little Monster Trike Adapter for Trucks/Carriages

by bLITzJoN Jan 14, 2018
Download All Files

Please Login to Comment

Does this solve the problem with the belts rubbing against the v-wheels?

I'm not sure it would because I never had that issue to begin with on the first two stock configurations (TLM has revised their kits). The wheels are in the same place, just one less to make it easier to adjust the concentric nuts so if you have that issue now it's likely you will still have it.

Interestingly o have been working on a similar concept for c beam and trike with pre tensioned suspension arms.

So far I am getting no grinding, has tension just enough that it doesn't twist.

However I designed mine to be a wishbone suspension with the 2 wheels on the wishbone.

I'll release my files in a week or two.

And the drop test.. smooth as silk.

Did you figure in the clearance for the belt? Also, it looks like you are going for an entirely printed truck? I was considering that, but wanted to keep as many of the stock parts as possible.

A lot of flaws in this design (v11). The bearing rubs against the top piece because of how you have the position controlled. Either there should be a printed ridge to jam against the inner sleeve on the top piece or make room for a washer on each side of the bearing. And even with both washers on the truck side, the bearing isn't out far enough from the truck and the replaced side of the truck is closer to the 8020.

It doesn't take the adjustment away! I ended up F***ing with the more than when I pulled it out of the box. There is almost no clearance between the sides of your adapter and the 8020 so the target adjustment range is smaller the the as designed one. The bearing should stick out towards the 8020 by at least another 1mm. But even then you still have to make adjustments! I have no idea why you choose the fixed side instead of the eccentric side to replace.

I apologize if I come of as grumpy, but I just spent the last half hour dicking around with the adjustments that only took me 5 minutes with the original design. I opted out of designing my own cause I thought it would be faster; regretting that choice. Hopefully your new mod for the trucks corrects these issues.

Also the top piece needs support in the captive nut otherwise you get stringers that you have to clean out of the hole. Rather than have a sharp 90 ledge, add 10-20 degrees so that it can print clean without needing support.

You're fine. I want to laugh with you on the fiddl'n with it more now. I am on version 11. The original goal was to make it self-adjusting and it isn't. It is easier, it really is. I wonder if your wheels are smaller than min cause the clearance is close and some previous versions had rubbing issues.... and, boy, when they rub they make nasty screeching noises like scratching on chalkboard and cause z-ringing like a mofo. It's far from perfect and I'm trying a different direction. To make v11 successful, you pretty much have to use a stiff nylon like Taulman 910. PETG works, but it flexes over time and causes weird behaviors. I'll give you a hint the direction I'm going is no wheels at all. ;-)

I was using Taulman's Bridge which isn't to far away from 910, definitely better than PETG, and I didn't see much flexing. There was only about 0.4mm of clearance between the printed parts and the extrusion, smaller wheels (or bigger chamfer on the wheels) could definitely be the cause of that.

I think I know where you are going. While I was in the extrusions I took a bunch of measurements and plan to come out with a plug and play wheel version. Probably sooner than later because after an 8 hour print one of the carriages is already loose....

At least we both agree the current configuration needs help. The only way to really help the 4 wheels is to have the concentric nuts on the outside and use longer bolts so you can fiddle with them while in the track. The trike setup does make the adjustments easier and less expensive to use 1 less wheel. The goal was to make it entirely self-adjusting but there's not a lot of room to work in for a "printed" suspension system to work. I have 2 directions to go from here and I'm currently travelling down one and hope to have some solid results this weekend.

Hey buddy...could it be that bottom and top of version 11 are both the same files? ;)

Nope, they are correct (one has recessed holes for the nylon nuts); however, I downloaded them and 3D Builder reported having errors. I fixed them and uploaded repaired models.

Those following, I uploaded v11 which may be the final model.

Thank you, just bought mines I look forward to the updated pics. Thank you very much for the hard work and time put into this!

I like this very much! Similar to how the Rostock Max V2 addresses wheel tension on the cheapskate carriages. Great idea! Great work!

Thanks! I was inspired by my RMv2 along with the 3 wheel Tricklaser trucks. It's a rather tight space I have to design around the belt in the middle. I published another update that makes the bar stiff since there's no avoiding the concentric adjustments, for now. I've got some ideas to further the design when time permits.