This small assembly makes it possible to maintain a SMD component plated on the printed circuit while it is soldered.
To realize this assembly, it is necessary, in addition to two parts printed in 3D:
- A small spring: I got it on an old clothespin
- A needle: type “needle smd” into a search engine.
- M4 screw / nut
It’s a simple montage, inspired by this one: SMD solder holder I found the idea very good, but I wanted to improve 2 points:
- An impression without support
- Simplify editing by removing the gallows.
- And by the way, also to use a model of spring and needle that I recovered
Show on my blog : https://blog.phdev.fr/?p=74