An easy way to put wheels on the Malm drawer.
The preferred material is PETG or ABS.
If you print with ABS, use a raft or brim if you have problems with warping.
How to assemble:
You will need this for ONE drawer:
- 16 pcs x 5 mm M4 thread inserts (Hardware store or Ebay)
- 16 pcs x min 15 mm long wood screws
- 16 pcs x 6 mm M4 screws (Hardware store or Ebay)
- 4 pcs x "Rill" caster wheels from Ikea (or something similar that fits)
- Screw driver/ hex key
- Push the threaded inserts into the plastic. I use a soldering iron for this, heat it up and just push the inserts into the plastic. Works really well.
Cut off any excess plastic to make the surface as flat as possible. Some plastic might seep into the thread from the bottom, drill or cut it away.
- Screw the wheels onto the brackets.
- Attach a bracket in each corner of the drawer's frame and secure them with the wood screws.