This is a customizable filament guide for MK8 extruder with 1.75mm filament. Usually, such a guide is need if you want to print softer or flexible filaments. Or if you want a smooth filament transportation system from the spool to the print head.
There are some filament guides for MK8 extruders out there, like
However, they all did not combine all of the following properties:
- guide the filament as early as possible
- guide the outgoing bowden tube, which smoothly fits in the filament guide, so that we can use a push through bowden connector (see attached images)
- fixed to the frame so that we can retract the filament without retracting the bowden tube through the push through connector (yes, this can happen)
- beeing customizable and with free to use openscad file
So this is how this thing comes into play. You have the following options, either just use my pre-generated stl files for left and right type MK8 standard extruders, or customize it!
- Start the customizer
- Adapt the required values, like spacing values bowden tube diameter, or filament guide gear
- Select the type (right hand or left hand type) and ...
- Generate your customized guide
- Print and Enjoy!
Note: In order to get the most enjoyable feeling, you will need to use a 10mm OD, 2mm ID Push through Fitting (or create one by drilling 2mm through the fitting) on the outgoing side. Usually, that means your extruder gear needs the 10mm OD hole on the outgoing side. If you have the 6mm OD version you might have to extend the hole to 10mm.
Have also a look at my other customizable things or projects.
- Do not print to fast...
- Retract and other ooze prevention is good, anyway, you might have to clean up some of the holes. Especially the 4mm dia for the bowden tube and the 2mm dia of the filament should be cleaned carefully.
- Released Version 1.0.0 of the Customizable Filament Guide