Customizable FilamentGuide for MK8 Extruder Drives
by Mindfab, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a customizable filament guide for MK8 extruder with 1.75mm filament. Usually, such a guide is need if you want to print softer or flexible filaments. Or if you want a smooth filament transportation system from the spool to the print head.
There are some filament guides for MK8 extruders out there, like
- https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2502215 ... they all gave me somehow inspiration (so thank you guys for sharing your good work!)
However, they all did not combine all of the following properties:
- guide the filament as early as possible
- guide the outgoing bowden tube, which smoothly fits in the filament guide, so that we can use a push through bowden connector (see attached images)
- fixed to the frame so that we can retract the filament without retracting the bowden tube through the push through connector (yes, this can happen)
- beeing customizable and with free to use openscad file
So this is how this thing comes into play. You have the following options, either just use my pre-generated stl files for left and right type MK8 standard extruders, or customize it!
- Start the customizer
- Adapt the required values, like spacing values bowden tube diameter, or filament guide gear
- Select the type (right hand or left hand type) and ...
- Generate your customized guide
- Print and Enjoy!
Have also a look at my other customizable things or projects.
- Do not print to fast...
- Retract and other ooze prevention is good, anyway, you might have to clean up some of the holes. Especially the 4mm dia for the bowden tube and the 2mm dia of the filament should be cleaned carefully.
- Released Version 1.0.0 of the Customizable Filament Guide
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Customizable FilamentGuide for MK8 Extruder Drives by Mindfab is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Mindfab a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Mindfab would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).