Here is a replacement for Z motor mount of Prusa i3 MK2/MK2s/mk2.5 and MK3 printers. This fix the dimensions error on Z axis (issue 49)
- Compatible with MK2, MK2s, MK2.5 and MK3
- Fix issue 49
- Quick remove of Z motor for maintenance
- Tab on the back for perfect alignment
- Dimensions of original Z mounts optimized for PETG
- Z smooth rod are maintained in 7mm deep hole (instead of 5mm)
- Selective infill technique to add strength on critical points
- Use M3x12mm to fix the motor (instead of M3x10mm)
- Open source by providing STL, STEP and Fusion 360 files
/!\ Warning /!\
- Use M3x12mm to fix the motor (instead of the original M3x10mm)!
- Follow carefully to the print settings bellow because there is selective infill inside the part
Check out my Z top fix for a very strong and fine tuned Z axis : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2552246
v1.0 : increase rod hole dia by 0.05
v1.1 : improve print quality inside the smooth rod hole, make Nema 17 a bit more tighten
v1.2 : add tab on back for best alignment with the frame (not tested yet, v1.1 still available) That was a bad idea, we cannot guarantee that the holes are perfectly aligned with the border of the frame.
Thanks for the awesome work done by Josef Prusa and team!
/!\ As I am using selective infill technique it is important to follow carefully these print settings.
- Print it in PETG. MF-PETG from Extrudr.eu is very very close to Prusa orange.
- 3 perimeters
- 5 tops and bottoms
- Slic3r PE
You will need to print 1x z_motor_mounts_fix_mk....stl and 2x z_motor_mount_fix_front.stl