This is a simple and effective z-belt linking mod originally created by nselimis and modified by me. Enjoy!
- Created a shorter version for 696 mm GT2 belts.
- Modified M3 holes to accept hex nuts whereas the original design requires screwing machine screws directly into the print.
- Tweaked the tensioner dimensions so the tension screw won't hit the idler pulley screw.
- Created an anti-slip pocket in the base for the tension screw.
- (1) (760 mm or 696 mm) closed loop GT2 Belt
- (2) 5mm bore double-headed GT2 belt pulleys (http://a.co/0pWd3dl)
- (3) 3mm bore GT2 belt idler pulleys
- (4) M3 hex nuts
- (1) M3x25 screw*
- (2) M3x20 screws**
- (1) M3x16 screw
- (2) #6x1/2 inch wood screws
*= This is simply the minimum recommended size. I'm using an M3x40 screw in my photos.
**= M3x18 should work too.
- Because I have vibration dampers on my z-axis motors, I found that I had to flip the gear pulleys attached to the leadscrews to get the belt aligned to the double-headed gear pulleys.
- Before tensioning the new belt, level the print bed by hand first. Then, using the LCD interface, move the z-axis down 1 mm. Doing so should lock your z-axis in place and prevent unleveling the bed while you tension the bracket.