Hi there again!
I uploaded a little video on vimeo where I print a Balloon Boat on a Dobot MOOZ 2
More informations about the MOOZ you can find here:
First of all: Thanks a lot to everybody who likes my balloon boat, to those who printed it and to those who gave me a little tip. It is just so amazing being featured on Thingiverse. When I woke up and saw the e-mail with the notification I couldnt't believe it.
Ok, back to work ;)
Why an edit?
Another small update:
- Because some users asked for it: added a smaller version of V3.1
- added a version without pins of V3.2 --> maybe it is better for people having trouble with air leaks. (But the problem for those is at first still the tube, not the pins).
- The "inner life" got's a new desgin. It is cleaner and the air will not leave the tube anymore.
- V3.1 & V3.2 got a shorter chimney - faster print and more stability
- The pin-rows are now even - Yipiee, Homer J. can sit just right in the middle of the boat!
- The pins become a little bit thicker - so the blocks will fit even better.
- V3.2 is a "classic" balloon boat with exhaust - it's easier for kids to inflate the balloon and in my opinion the boat is more stable on the water and faster.
Thanks to all for the good suggestions and thanks a lot to those who think it's worth a little tip for my next coffee when designing things :-)
Here is my new Version of "Balloon Boat" (V3). Now it is fully compatible with the famous mini-figures from Denmark.
It is also much more stable on the water than the older versions are.
Print it, try it and if you think it's worth it, I would be happy of a little tip.
- Put a balloon over the chimney and blow in the exhaust.
- Set the boat on top of water and release the "air hole".
- Have fun!
Link to V1+V2:
Print with 3 outlines.
User dbgeorge printed the boat with 4 top- and 4 bottom-layers. This will help a lot to get the boat fully air-tight.