About The Model
After getting a lot of feedback about version 1 of this sword (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2767062), I've made a number of changes and improvements with this version 2 to make a model that easier to print and construct.
Though I provide this print for free, if you'd like to shout me a coffee or support my work (Patreon's will get future files earlier than everyone else) - all of which helps me create more of these free models - you can do so on the following links:
Updates from v1
- Blade width increased from 6mm to 9mm for extra strength and to allow wider cores to be used.
- If you intended to use this model in it's "break apart for transportation" mode, you'll now need a 5mm x 6mm binding screw for the hole in BLADE 1.stl
- Space for the metal core now runs the full length of the blade (intended use: two 3mm x 10mm x 600mm steel rods)
- Tolerances for carbon rods now widened for easier fitting (intended use: two 2.5mm x 1m or four 2.5mm x 500mm rods)
- Tolerances for the connections between the parts of the hilt widened for easier fitting.
- Crossguard shape adjusted slightly in order to allow a the scabbard to fit to the hilt.
- Runes now cut slightly wider and deeper so that they're more visible after painting / finishing or can be painted with a colour more easily.
- Scabbard now also included - this is intended to be covered in a 1.5mm leather outer (which will help it all stay together).
If you're interesting in commissioning another sword from the Witcher series, a version of this sword with your own choice of rune text, or any other file, feel free to contact me on here.
You can follow me and my work on the following sites:
Print one of all pieces.
Supports should only be required on the pommel and possibly the crossguard depending on how good your bed adhesion is.