I’ve written a fast STL viewer for Windows. It comes without bloat and opens all STLs – no matter how big or how strange they are.
You can easily browse folders full of STLs using the left/right arrow keys, much like the Windows Photo Gallery.
I uploaded 32-bit and 64-bit versions, an installer and a portable version (if you want to copy the viewer to your USB drive or to your local network).
If you don’t know what to download, just choose the 32-bit setup.
Please contact me if you encounter any issues or if it raises any questions – I’m always improving it!
For more information, you can visit my website at https://papas-best.com/stlviewer_en !
(The preview image displays the Color MakerBot Gnome by silby101 from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:141919)
Updated March 9th, 2019:
- now supporting drag & drop
- added top/left/front views
- added menu option to toggle between metric and US units
- improved lighting
- improved antialiasing quality
- now falling back to software rendering (slow) if the GPU is too old
- new setup with support for per-user installation, direct updating, and administrative installation
- window now remembers whether it was maximized
- performance improvements
- fixed many STL file problems
Updated April 29th, 2018:
- enabled backface rendering
- fixed “Netfabb” STL detection
Updated February 23rd, 2018:
- added dual-extruder support via File -> Add Part
- background color can now be customized (and is remembered throughout sessions)