Part of the Duplo Gears Project. Probably only works with Hubelino plastic marbles (24.3 mm diameter).
I started with the original Marble Pump design by ewap but the parts were too big and the design not as modular as I would like. Also, I wanted to make the pump work with Duplo Gears.
What you need:
- One or many augers. Just put them on top of each other until you reach your target height.
- One auger bottom. Alternatively you can use a Duplo Gear if you elevate the pump enough for it to fit below. (The auger bottom part is actually the axle top part generated by the gears script.)
- One bottom part. Or up to four to lift four marbles in different tracks at the same time. (In this case, use brackets for stabilisation if needed.)
- An outlet on top. Can't go wrong with right.
- As many housing parts as you need between these to add up to your target height.
A gear to drive the pump can be put at the bottom but also at the top if that's easier for you to connect. (Use the locking column.) Or, of course, you can just connect any kind of Duplo block to drive the pump by hand.
Only the auger bottom parts need support.