This is a minimalistic version of the MasterSpool for holding filament refills and samples.
Update Part 2 V2
- now its possible to secure the parts with just a piece of filament to prevent self opening. Put a piece of filament, or even better the inner filament end through the holes to fix the arms.
For all, who already printed Part2 Version 1, there is a nice solution - add-on lock - designed by PistonPin https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2882129
- minimalistic design
- little amount of filament needed, about 50 g
- short print time, about 3 h
- smaller print area than for round spool needed, both parts fit e.g. on a Prusa MK2
- holes in sides for fixing filament end
- two parts with "click" mechanism
- little noses at ends prevent filament to slip from the spool side
- no branding, free to use (...ok it comes with RepRap logo :) ).
Where to get filament refills?:
Original Masterspool by RichRap:
Printed with DASFILAMENT PLA Gold