This is a challenging print. The slicer cuts everything into small line fragments, so the printer has to retract the filament continuously.
The result is somewhat disappointing (under extrusion). Maybe it's more suitable for laser cutter...
- Cropped the image.
- Increased contrast until only black and white remains.
- Imported the PNG image.
- Created vector using trace bitmap.
- Created a copy of the shape (named fill and stroke)
- Added 1.5px thick stroke to the "stroke" shape (to create a buffer to make it printable).
- Converted the stroke shape to path.
- Union paths ("stroke" and "fill" shapes).
- Saved as OpenSCAD using my InkScape extension:
- Open the OpenSCAD document created by InkScape.
- Added linear extrusion.