Stream Cheap (Mini Macro Keyboard)
by DaveM, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a design for a "Stream Cheap", an inexpensive DIY version of the Elgato Stream Deck. Although I made this to take the place of a Stream Deck, it's really a mini macro keyboard that can be used as a hotkey board for any program.
More info is available on my website.
All design files are licensed as Creative Commons - Attribution - Share-Alike. The firmware for the Arduino is licensed under the more permissive MIT license.
- Print out both parts and tap the bolt holes in the base to fit an M3 bolt.
- Insert the switches into the faceplate and wire them up. One post of each switch needs a signal wire, and all of the other posts are connected to ground.
- Solder everything to the Arduino. The ground connection goes to "GND" and the signal wires go to pins 2 - 9. I numbered my buttons from left to right and top to bottom, but you can wire them in any order that you like. If you have the connectors, use those rather than making direct connections.
- Bolt on the faceplate to the body.
- Print out the button icons and apply them to the keycaps. Firmly press the keycaps onto the button stems.
- Upload the firmware and enjoy!
- 5V Arduino Pro Micro
- 8 Cherry MX Switches
- 8 Relegendable Keycaps
- 2 M3-10 Bolts
You will also need a USB cable, solder, and a piece of double-sided tape.
- 9 Pin Female Connector
- 9 Pin Male Connector, Right-Angle
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Stream Cheap (Mini Macro Keyboard) by DaveM is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving DaveM a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure DaveM would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).