Pod for the EMAX Babyhawk-R, camera angle is adjustable from 20-60 degrees with notch markings at 20,40 and 60
- Antenna Bracket Options
- Stock Dipole holder
- AXii holder - remix of Honeybaadger's original design (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2812799)
- Top Bracket Options
- Turtlefin (to help with turtle mode). Fin inserts from the bottom of the Pod and should probably be permanently affixed with your glue of choice. 3/13 uploaded a version of Mach24 with integrated turtlefin.
- Top Mount Battery Bays. In two parts for easy printing, so always print out a Bay Wedge part. Bays slot into the top of the pod, no need to remove, and the battery strap secures the battery and the bay. See picture.
- Bay 60x32 - suits Tattu 3s 650mah, CNHL 3s & 4s 650mah, Lumenier 500mah 4s
- Bay 64x33 - suits Tattu 4s 650mah, Acehe 3s & 4s 650mah
- Bays for 550mah (coming soon)
- LED diffuser (coming soon)
- Height Options
- Mach24 will clear a 24mm tall stack utilizing 24mm standoffs with an additional 2mm spacer, such as one of the antenna brackets. I highly recommend metal standoffs, but I have included printable ones as well. If you must use them, use very long screws.
- Mach26 utilizes 26mm standoffs with an antenna bracket.
- Mach38HD to support the runcam split mini on top of the standard stack height. (coming soon)
Some informative tidbits
The one shown in images is Mach24 and will clear the stock stack including a receiver stuck to the top of the stack. If you want to top mount battery, either make the receiver fit in between the FC and ESC board or use Mach26 which has 2mm more clearance for your battery strap.
Supports required obviously. Printed in nylon this should be pretty invincible in most crashes, ABS or PETG are the next best options. As long as you stay light, any of those three should survive crashes pretty well. Flex filament is not a great choice, imo, and definitely not recommended if you plan to top mount your battery.
If on a diet...
- Stock emax injection molded canopy and camera holder weigh 7.9 grams
- Mach24 with no modular bits comes out at around 6 grams in petg, not including standoffs or screws
- Turtlefin weighs less than 1gram in petg
- Battery Bays with Wedge weigh less than 6 grams in petg
Everything will be ~20% lighter in ABS or nylon. Don't print the pod body in TPU, you silly geese.
~And always remember the trick is to simply forget to hit the ground~
If you want something customized let me know!
I accept payment in quad parts, beers, or eternal gratitude in the comments section :D
- 3/13/18 Added Axii antenna bracket, remix of Honeybaadger's design.
- 3/14/18 Added Mach24 V1.1 version incorporating some ease of printing improvements
- 3/14/18 Added Mach24 Supported V1.1, incorporating a support structure for rear bolt holes. this is removable support and should improve finish quality.
*3/14/18 Added Mach24 TF Supported V1.1, same support structure as above and includes integrated turtlefin
- 3/14/18 Revised battery bays and bay wedge to V1.1 to be 'wedgier'
*3/14/18 Fixed errant triangle causing V1.1 Pods to print 0.2mm off the build plate