A remix of TheNewHobbyist's popular WALLY - Wall Plate Customizer. Mainly I added an art deco style option.
- Up to 5 gangs wide
- A multitude of port types in any combination
- Standard, Junior-Jumbo, Jumbo or Super-Jumbo size
- Standard or art deco stying
- Labels above and/or below plates
- Customizable plate thickness and standoff height
- Blank Port
- Toggle Switch (Takes up entire plate)
- Duplex Outlet (Takes up entire plate)
- Rocker/Designer Plate (Takes up entire plate)
- Keystone Jack (up to 2 wide and 3 tall)
- VGA Port
- HDMI Port
- DVI-I Port
- Cat 5e/Cat 6 Port
- USB-A Port
- USB-B Port
- Firewire IEEE 1394 Port
- DB-09 Port
- PS2 Port
- F-Type/Coaxial Port
- S-Video Port
- Stereo Headphone Jack
With the exception of #2-4 and 3-tall arrangements of #5, all of the plug types are modular and be placed on the top, bottom, or centered on a generated wall plate. All of the ports (excluding the outlets and keystone jacks) are designed to accommodate DataPro.net™s panel-mount cables.
Sorry, it's still not working in Customizer; maybe something to do with the parameters.
To design your own thing
- Download both the .scad and .json files.
- Install the Development version of OpenSCAD (http://www.openscad.org/downloads.html#snapshots)
- Enable the Customizer according to https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSCAD_User_Manual/WIP#Customizer
- Open the .scad file
- Pick your preset or set your customizations
- Export as an STL file
DrLex has more info.
Want a feature added? Let me know.
- The plug types "Duplex Outlet", "Long_Toggle Switch", "Toggle Switch", "Rocker", "Keystone3" and "Keystone6" will all use the entire plate when selected in the top selected. The bottom selection is ignored in these cases.
- "None" and "Blank" should not be considered equal in most cases. if "None" is selected for the bottom, of a plate the top selection will be centered on that plate. If "Blank" is selected that plug location will remain blank but the other selection will NOT move into a centered position. "None" and "Blank" do have the same effect when selected at the top.
Notes from TheNewHobbyist:
Most of the connectors used with this thing are panel mount connectors from
www.DataPro.net I can't vouch for their quality but they did have easy to
find dimensions for their products so I used them.
v1.1 (by TheNewHobbyist)
UPDATED: Screw hole locations for designer and toggle plate types.
UPDATED: Hole size for designer plate type.
UPDATED: Outlet hole spacing
v1.2 (by TheNewHobbyist)
ADDED: Long Toggle Switch for laird
v1.3 (by TheNewHobbyist)
ADDED: 3 new sizes for plate export: Standard, Junior-Jumbo, and Jumbo.
Keystone jack pair
whole-plate 2x3 array of Keystone jacks
v1.5 (by ALittleSlow)
ADDED: Style customizations and art deco style
UPDATED: replaced GoAwayCustommizer() with [Hidden]
UPDATED: replaced plate-specific code with for loops and generalized modules, removing 210 lines of code
UPDATED: pulled outside bevel out of plate() to aid with styles and made it more parametric
ADDED: .json file for Customizer presets
v1.51 (by ALittleSlow)
FIXED: art deco renders properly with Jumbo sizes
v1.52 (by ALittleSlow)
ADDED: 2x1, 1x3 and 2x3 arrays of Keystone jacks by Russel Salerno https://www.thingiverse.com/rssalerno
ADDED: label feature
ADDED: customizer parameters for art deco style
UPDATED: rounded corners of rocker (Decora) switch openings by Russel Salerno
UPDATED: refactoring of quite a bit of code
UPDATED: revised keystone frame for easier insertion by Russel Salerno, including added keystone clearance parameter to adjust fit
UPDATED: added categories to customizing parameters.
UPDATED: License terms to comply with more restrictive licensing from ReModed WALLY 1.41.1.
UPDATED: tweaking of art deco style
v1.60 (by ALittleSlow)
ADDED: Super-Jumbo size (152.4 mm, 6 in)
ADDED: Parametric plate standoff (and rewrite of plate_inner())
REMOVED: dependency on 2DShapes.scad