Meet the LandWhoopster! A cross between the Tiny Whoop and the Landspeeder.
After a few prototypes I finally got a v1 I feel comfortable releasing. Some of the orientations are not ideal to just import and slice. The engines need to be positioned with the rear side down (skinny side) and the top plate should be flat side down. Designed to be printed without supports, however the engines may need a brim.
-Parts needed -
A working Tiny Whoop as sacrifice for the drone gods! I designed the LandWhoopster around the Blade Inductrix frame I had. It will need to be cut up - keeping the motor sleeve and propeller guards intact - like pictured.
My motors were Lumenier 19000kv Motors. Im unsure how it will handle with lower rated motors.
The mainboard mounts were created for my Beecore. I am unsure the shape of other boards, so I hope there is no contact issues. If there is, contact me and I can design different top plates. Re use the shock rubbers and mainboard screws.
m2x5 screws, you will need 2. In a lot of my projects I use laptop screws. Kits can be found on Amazon. Size isn't too important, There is plenty of room to drill and use what you have at hand. I use a 1/16th drill bit I got from Home Depot, to predrill the holes for the m2 screws.
Hot glue, super glue, 1 #32 rubber band,
Print Parts as mentioned.
Know what motor is going where, test fit all the pieces before gluing anything.
I used Gorilla Super Glue and mounted the engines to the top plate. Make sure they are straight before the glue completely dries. Glue the center motor on the main hull.
Fish the wires through the engine holes. Before you slide it all the way in, put just a dab of hot glue like pictured. Not too much, so you can twist it to break it free for easy re use.
Put 2 motors in the motor mount with a couple dabs of hot glue will keep them secure. Then glut the assembly to the top plate.
Secure the flight controller. Connect the 4 motor wires and feed the battery connector through the top.
Attach the top plate assembly, use a rubber band to secure the batter and viola!
Please stay tuned! I plan on creating an updated v2. I hope to shave off a little more weight, better battery mounting, FPV mounting, and possibly where an existing frame doesn't need to be harvested,
Added a Top Plate to accommodate an Eachine E010 - I don't have this flight controller, so it is a work in progress.
Im not a YouTuber, sorry for the not so great video.