Offset setup process
It is best to use Printrun http://www.pronterface.com/
1) Send command G28 - Home ( sensor should move to the midle of the printing platform ) This identifies Z0.
Z0 is where HallON gets contact (LED ON) then it is raised to Z10. This should be
confirmed on the LCD of the printer.
2) Now move the printhead down to set the distance between the nozzle and hot bed. If the print
head will not go below Z0 sent M211 S0 - This will switch off the software endstop.
3) When you are sure the nozzle is in proper position above hot bet surface, read from Printer
LCD Z value, this value will be negative f.e. -18.25
4) Now send M851 Z ( Value from LCD ) example: M851 Z- 18.25
5) Send M500 to save settings in EEprom
6) If you used M211 S0 command before now You need to switch ON software endstop with
command M211 S1
Few words about Gcode and working position of the rod.
You need to add G29 command to the start Gcode just after G28. Every slicer has section with
start Gcode this is right place to write it in.
When You start print process, the first G28 command will set nozzle to the home position
X91 ( +offset 19 =110 )
Y68 ( +offset 42 =110 )
( remember Z10 is position 10 above rod contact point ) then measurement will start.
It uses a 4x4 grid, so 16 measure points will be taken. After last measurement, print head will move up,
and will wait until your printer will get requested temperatures. When temp on the nozzle and build platform is achieved, the print head will start moving to the print start point and same time will move down including offset, and this is a moment whe rod should go back and lock it self above the nozzle.