!!!! DO NOT PRINT THESE STL FILES DIRECTLY. !!!!!
Download all the files and use the OpenSCAD to modify and scale the STL files.
The included PDF file "Using OpenSCAD to Render Kwawu Arm 2.0 Socket Version" will show you how to download the Open SCAD program and use the code in these files to size this model. The included PDF file "Assembly of Kwawu Arm 2.0 - Socket Version" will show you how to assemble the prosthetic arm
The source Fusion 360 files can be found on Fusion360.
I have redesigned the Kwawu arm to be more natural looking and more functional. The terminal device has a much higher grip strength and functionality. Very good at picking up small things with index finger and thumb and big things with whole hand.
This version is the socket version intended for people with short forearm residual limbs.
There are two other versions on thingiverse. A Thermoform version for people with long forearm residuals https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2841296, and a terminal only version https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2774477 for people with a standard forearm socket already.
I would like to thank the e-NABLE community. It is a wonderful group to be a part of.
For more information on e-NABLE visit http://www.enablingthefuture.org/
To get involved with the e-NABLE community please visit https://plus.google.com/communities/102497715636887179986
Update - December 8, 2018
This update adds several new features and fixes.
• Improve the strength of the elbow joint holder on the socket arm.
• Made the latch mechanism slightly larger and rotate the hinge on the latch pin to make the hinge larger. The hinge is now the same size as finger hinges. So has better performance and easier to assemble.
• Made velcro slots on cuff thinner so the cuff can thermoform rounder.
• Add pencil holder option for the hand (Idea borrowed from dean rock's arm).
• Improve printability of venting holes.
• Added a printable compression Bushing to hold the wrist in place when turned..
Update - August 22, 2018
This update fixes an issue with threads being backwards on some Right handed renderings. If you are making a right hand, please download the updated SCAD file.