I designed a new Stryfe/Rapidstrike cage from the ground up. Features include:
- Maximum rigidity for better crush and lower noise
- Better containment around the dart for more accuracy and reliability
- Actually fits both the Stryfe and RS without any shell or cage cutting
- Wide range of motor spacings for those who want to push the limits of high crush - 40.5mm through 43.5mm for normal wheels, 35mm through 38mm for DRS wheels
- Motor spacing and version number written on the cage
These cages require support. I recommend putting support inside the bore where the dart goes, or the surface on the top will be very rough and need a lot of clean up. If your support settings aren't tuned properly and the support is hard to remove, drill through the bore with an 8mm (5/16") drill bit, then pull the pieces out with needle nose pliers. Even with good support settings, filing or sanding the inside of the bore smooth is a good idea.
2019-04-15: Finally finished the new version! v54 includes a larger feed ramp for more reliable feeding, a slightly shorter feed guide for better magazine compatibility (though still no half dart mags), one diameter through the bore instead of two for easier support material removal, more spacings, and larger flat areas on top to hopefully allow for compatibility with flywheel removal tools