Retraction temperatures tower calibration
An useful Things for calibrating the retraction according to the extrusion temperature.
Must be printed with 0.2mm resolution, no raft.
Temp config: 5 °C every 20 layers from layer 9 to layer 128
Ex for PLA and Cura Gcode file:
- Base: 210°C Layer 0 to layer 9 (0.2mm per layer so 1.6mm)
- Temps by layers :
- Temp #1: 210°C Layer 8 to layer 28
- Temp #2: 205°C Layer 28 to 48
- Temp #3: 200°C Layer 48 to 68
- Temp #4: 195°C Layer 68 to 88
- Temp #5: 190°C Layer 88 to 108
- Temp #6: 185°C Layer 108 to 128 (End)
- Basic Stringing Test by Loohney
Software to change the layer temperature can be found on thingiverse or just use the soft in the archive TempByLayers.7z.
Works only for this calibration model.
Now supports G-code files from Slimpify3D, Cura Engine and Slic3r *
- Possible setting of temperatures and fan(s) speeds by layer
- Improved user interface
*For use this software with Slic3r Gcode files, you must follow this :
Open the Strging_Temps_Tower_v1_fixed.stl file in Slic3r.
- Set layer height to 0.2mm.
- Go to your printer settings
- Add the following to:
"Custom G-code" -> "Before layer change G-code":
Otherwise, if you want to use Simplify3D only, for slice this model you can set temperatures value by layer:
And if you want to use Cura and Cura_plugins only, for slice this model you can set your settings by layer with the plugins "
Simplify3D Temps Config.
Software for edit the settings by layer of this model
Cura TweakAtZ Script