- Added a holder for screwdrivers you can fit on the back of the boxes.
- Will fit Wera Kraftform Micro Screwdrivers
- Added a label set for the electric Screwdrivers (see picture). I tried different label systems and decided to use a roman number inspired one. I added a blank label so you can easily make your own.
- Fusion 360 files for holder and label included
This is a big version of the popular Hex Drawers by O3D’s (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1743145)
I made some major changes though:
- the interlocking system changed, so it will print faster
- size nearly tippled
- added open trays
- added small boxes
- drawer and nobs in one peace, without the need of supports
- 3 base boxes to start with, are not necessary
- for aesthetical purpose I added halved connectors to fill in the gaps
I will add shorter version or other modification on request.
I ran out of white PLA so two of the drawers are not complete and one drawer is not printed yet.
Any questions or suggestions, leave a comment.
Since it is a big print use a big nozzle and high layer heights
Printed with a 0,5 Nozzle and a layer height of 0,3 and 0,4
Can all be printed at 100% size. Drawer should fit well.
Open trays: you can print them without supports. If you do that you will have to clean up the overhangs with a knife. It worked fine for me and did not affect the function at all.
Connectors: depending on your printer I suggest printing out a few test samples of the Connector to see if they fit nicely. Scale if needed. I printed them at 0.1 layer height and 100% size.