Recently purchased the Alfawise U10 400x400x500mm printer
The printer is pre assembled in the box, 5 mins to assemble and to get it ready.
Well............NOT............in my case
Points to watch out for when you buy this printer:
- All screws on the printer were loose, literly ALL screws on anything / everything you can think of.
- Wheels of the y-axis were not properly installed.
- Wheels on the z-axis were not properly installed.
- Wheels on the x-axis were not properly installed, the entire printhead could move 10mm up and down.
- check the filament tube on the side of the hot end, in my case it was just about 20mm in, should go in about 60mm.
Resulted in a bad clogged system.
- When you are printing, the T8 rods will make alot of rattling noise on the top side of the printer, solution is, print this replacement bracket, it fits a 608 bearing for guiding the rods.
- Open up the electronics box before you even put power on it.
7.1 All terminal screws where loose, wires could be pulled out easily, on the power supply
and on the ramps board.
7.2 Not a single wire is connected with the use of ferules or crimp terminals, fix that by installing them to make the printer safer.
7.3 On the power inlet, the life wire had a short cut with the ground wire, the mantel of the life wire was punctured by the ground of the switch, replace the life wire for safety if that is also in your case.
7.4 The test print on the bed could never be made by this printer, first of all due the loose printhead, second of all, there was not even enough power on the stepper driver to drive the 2 z-axis stepper motors, current of the driver was way to low.
7.5 The Electronic box is very noisy with 2 fans running.
7.6 There is a hugh gap where you need to place the SD card inside the box, easy to miss the slot and to drop the SD card inside the box.
- One of the couplers was extended with about 20mm, i needed to replace that coupler as the spring function of that coupler was gone.
- After removing the tape of the glass, it showed that on one corner, the glass was broken, lucky for me that it is not a large chunk so still can be used.
- The software is not capable of reading sub directories, all parts that you want to print need to be in the root directory.
After fidling around with the printer for about 6 hrs (bye bye 5 mins build) to even get it working, i started a test print from the SD card. By then i had not even any notice of the tube not to be installed correctly.
Afterall, with a 5 mins build you do not expect such things to happen.
The print looked pretty decent, no complains there on the print, though the rattle of the T8's drove me nuts.
So, screwed off a bracket, took measurments and adjusted it to hold a bearing for guiding.
Part created, Stl created, g-code created, on the SD, and lets print.........Nothing, no fillament that came out.
Strange, must be me as i did the test print and it worked.
Again.........Nothing...arghhh, dissambled the entire print head, cool block, heat break, nozzle, what, teflon tape on the nozzle and heatbreak to hold it in place, this can not be true.
On further inspection, the teflon tape was partly between the heatbreak and the nozzle so they were not flush on each other, filament leaking inside the heatblock.
The heatbreak was filled for about 30mm stuck / clogged filament / nozzle was clogged / filament burned on the thread inside the heatblock.
Cleaned it all out and then i noticed that the tube needs to be pushed all the way inside the heatbreak, there is like a 1mm boundary on the end where it need to touch.
Well, you can imagine the words that were spoken during that time.
Is this printer worth the price of €465,-- (when not on a flash sale).
For the build size, yes it is.
For the quality out of the box, absolutly not, it lacks on QC all over the printer.
If you have no technical background or you are not a hobbyist that likes to fiddle around with this kind of printers, this printer is not for you.
If you want to have more stability on all axis, get yourself excentric nuts, many of the wheels will not touch the 2020 or 2040 extrusions, i personaly would have expected that they were included on the printer for this price tag.
Heck, even the Tevo Tarantula of not even half the price has excentric nuts.
All in all, after about 10hrs of trial and error on the Alfawise U10, i was able to print the brackets for the T8 Rods.
Atleast that will not drive me nuts anymore.
Happy printing all
Updated the part to V2 (Enlarged).
This has slightly thicker walls.
Removed V2, replaced with V2.1